I was talking to a friend about my recent trip to Chicago and the importance of a visit to Molly’s Cupcakes. Annabelle and I LOVE cupcakes, and this little place is so delightful and quirky and fun…plus their cupcakes are just crazy delicious.
And then my friend dropped a bomb that I wasn’t expecting: she hates cupcakes.
Hello, rocky relationship. Seriously, who hates cupcakes? They’re so cute. And tasty. And CUTE.
But it made me think of foods, mainly seasonal foods, that I really dislike, that other people (especially other people that live inside my internets) seem to just love.
1. Peeps. And stale Peeps at that.
2. Candy Corn and Peanuts. Who thought this would be a good idea, and why does EVERYBODY in the blogosphere agree?
3. Egg Nog. To be clear, I try to avoid any beverages with “egg” in the title.
4. Cranberry Sauce. Especially the tin can molded jelly kind.
5. chopped up peppermints on top of otherwise delicious desserts. Yeah, it’s pretty, but why ruin a perfectly good brownie?
6. Any milk shake/ice cream that is supposed to taste like pie. Pie is pie, it is not meant to be served in liquid form. It’s meant to be served the way God intended: triangular. Or occasionally the big blob on the plate because the crust didn’t turn out quite right, but it’s too tasty to worry about geometry at a time like this because it’s TIME FOR PIE!
Banana Cream Pie=good. Banana Cream Pie Shake=bad. Baaaaaad.
So, now that most of you think that I’M the weird one, what are your food peeves?