4. we were together all the time, which made for lots of interesting fights. very physical and aggressive, mean and just horrible.
5. i feel so much sympathy for my parents, now that i am dealing with a tiny little fraction of that sibling rivalry.
7. most of my girlfriends thought CJ was sooo cute. like "pinch his little dimpled cheeks cute", as if he were four years old or something. now, most of them are in relationships or have moved on and a few of them are probably kicking themselves for not waiting on CJ to grow up into the little hottie man that he is now. complete with little dimpled cheeks :)
8. when i got married, i asked CJ to walk me down the aisle with my Dad. other than my Dad (and Dustin, of course) , CJ was the most important man in my life. he was literally there with me through almost every single thing i've ever been through.
it's such an interesting relationship, that of siblings, i mean. it's nothing like friends, because no friend ever really knows what it was like to grow up in your home, with your parents and rules and habits and traditions.
it's nothing like a parental relationship, as my mother has never sat on me until i gave her the remote control(although my dad has!) and my dad's never chased me out of the house with a baseball bat. they never lazed around the house, applying elmer's glue to their hands, and then slowly trying to peel it off in one layer. they never played games like "toss the loaded mouse trap at each other", or had to walk to the store every time Dad was in the mood for Ritz crackers and hot links sausages.
CJ and Amy (my sister) know me as much as any other person on the planet, and that creates this bond that is just unexplainable.
9. as much as we denied it, my parents were right.
- my dad was right in saying that this little brother that i routinely pounded and beat the snot out of, WOULD someday be bigger than me. and when that day comes, i better pray for his mercy.
- my mom was right, that when i grow up, i will value my relationship with my siblings above all other friendships that i've ever had. and that if i'm ever far from them, i will miss them in a way i could never imagine.
10. i had such a rough day with the kids today. they fought and cried and whined, before annabelle had even made it out of the car from school. i put them down for cat naps, and prayed that they would call a truce before i donated them to Goodwill.
they didn't. they fought all night long. and then, because of that little cat nap, Julian was such a pain to get to sleep.
he was up every 5 minutes, needing something. he came into the kitchen as i loaded the dishwasher, crying for me to "make his bed, cause it's messed up AGAIN". i told him he would have to wait until i was done.
a few minutes later, i walked in to check on him, and he was tucked in up to his chin. i asked how he tucked himself in and he said, "it's okay mom. bella fixed my bed and tucked me in."
such a good sister.
i know, with 100% certainty, that someday Annabelle and Julian and Ezra will value their relationships with each other above all other friendships. and if they are ever far from them, especially on their special days or birthdays or when they have good news or deeply sad news, they will miss each other in a way they could never imagine...
i'm just hopeful that when the day comes that Julian is bigger than Annabelle, he will be as gracious and forgiving to her for her bossiness, as CJ's been to me. :)
happy birthday brother.